An Introduction to Therapeutic Story Making
September (date TBC) 2013
10am - 4pm
krysallis, 104 Station Parade, Harrogate HG1 1HQ
“ Ariadne spun a thread and we all climbed down it…”
A day of personal and professional development through Dramatherapy.
This workshop aims to explore our own or our client’s stories through the projection of ideas into symbolic form including image , object and story.
The day will include:
- A theoretical understanding of how conscious and unconscious ideas may be projected into symbolic material.
- Creating our own stories through association with objects and images.
- Creating group or shared stories.
- Creating individual stories using the 6 part story method.
- Developing and exploring the 6 part story narratives using embodiment and enactment.
- An appreciation of how therapeutic story making can help people who’s own stories are difficult to tell.
Presenter: Alison Gilmour - Psychotherapist, Dramatherapist, Author.
Cost: £80 (includes lunch and refreshments)
Location: krysallis, 104 Station Parade, Harrogate HG1 1HQ (view in Google Maps)
Click here to book a place on this workshop and here to read our Terms and Conditions and Refund policy
Alison is a BACP accredited psychotherapist and a HPC registered Arts therapist and supervisor, with a Master’s degree in Mental Health Care. She has over 20 years' experience of working with adults and young people, individually and in groups, both in the NHS and in Private practice, and she specialises in working with people with mental health difficulties. She also holds a BPA diploma in Supervision and is experienced at supervising psychotherapists, counsellors, arts therapists and trainees. She is a recognised network supervisor for Leeds University and Leeds Metropolitan University. You can read more about her here.